2018: Best New Year Destinations in Europe
Britain in the New Year can feel somewhat underwhelming so it’s no guessing why many Brits now look to our European counterparts for a little bit of adventure, or at least anything to get you away from “Becky” and the usual drunk night out.
Now we aren’t saying there aren’t spectacular things to do here, but there’s something about starting a new in a new city, the idea of waking up January 1st with a new view whether you’re on the Champs-Élysées, doing an all-nighter at the Barghain or on a Grand Canal. We have selected some of the best European cities to spend New Year 2018-2019.
See All Below.
- ICELAND – This Nordic natural landscape is simply breathtaking. Iceland has become notorious for adventures seeking new lands to discover but has also grown in popularity as a New Years destination, predominantly for their lavish New Years Eve celebration and fireworks displays taking place right on the streets of Reykjavík. For those not in the city, whether with friends camping, glamping or in a boutique hotel head to small towns and retreats and take in the festivities(+Hot Springs) in the heart of nature and maybe even get to see the Aurora Borealis.
- PRAGUE – Not just a place notarised by Nicki Minaj, the capital city of the Czech Republic is becoming a booming international melting pot for trend and fashion spotters everywhere. The city is rife with culture and history, from its tanked beers, picturesque buildings or just taking a stroll around just one of its hip neighborhoods. This really is one for the lovers as clubbing culture really isn’t ‘the one’ but you will find all you need for a couple’s getaway.
- PARIS – Whilst many might look at this city as a romantic retreat or couple getaway spot Paris has so much more to offer those looking to really enjoy a city rich in culture and nightlife. Not to mention the Eiffel Tower’s impressive lights display when the clock hits 12 would just seem outrageous but there is more to this city than just walks to Notre-Dame and the Champs-Élysées. Dive into the daring and wonderful from this French cities strong Vogue Ballroom scene at clubs like BBB aka Black Blanc Beur or why not rent a boat for you and your friends and opt for a luxurious river cruise.
- VENICE – Naturally one of the most romantic places on Earth, Italy, holds a few magical gems worth seeing not just in this northern lagoon city but exceptional stop offs from Brescia, Verona, and Milan all done within a 3-hour drive. As for Venice it just wins hearts. For New Year head to the cities carnival in Piazza San Marco, cuddle up in one of its boutique waterfront hotels, or jump on a gondola, This is just the city to come to refresh and get ready for future winnings.
- DUBROVNIK – This stunning city located in southern Croatia, renowned for its architecture and well-preserved history is not for the light pocket. This really is done better in style. This enchanted city is host to a holiday festival which happens Dec-Jan and taking up many locations across the month. Once described as “paradise on Earth”, Dubrovnik in New Year can feel quiet due to it being in low season, but the magic doesn’t really wash away.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)